Aerial yoga, also referred to as anti-gravity yoga, shares a lot of similarities with traditional yoga. However, there’s a big difference. When participating in aerial yoga classes, the weight of your body will be supported by a hammock. This means you’ll be suspended in the air! It’s a great option for beginners and experienced yoga performers.
- Relieves joint pressure and spinal compression that floor workouts can trigger.
- Releases tension.
- Increases balance and proprioception (bodily awareness)
- Enhances core strength.
- Improves breath awareness.
- Easier access to inverted postures.
- Increases flexibility and mobility.